The Indiana Section of the American Chemical Society (ACS) is sponsoring an illustrated poem contest for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade (Four categories: K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12).
Contest Deadline: May 3, 2020
Prizes: 1st Place = $100, 2nd Place = $50, and 3rd Place = $25 in each age group.
Submit official entries at this link: bit.ly/CCEWpoems All entries must be received by midnight on May 3rd.
Winners will advance to the National Illustrated Poem Contest for a chance to be featured on the ACS website and to win prizes!
Write and illustrate a poem using the CCEW theme, “Protecting Our Planet through Chemistry.”
Your poem must be no more than 40 words and in the following styles to be considered:
HAIKU – LIMERICK – ODE – ABC POEM – FREE VERSE – END RHYME – BLANK VERSE
Possible topics related to sustainable chemistry include:
- Green chemistry
- Clean air and water
- Natural resources
Entries will be judged based upon:
- Green chemistry Environment Pollution
- Clean air and water Natural resources Waste
- Artistic Merit – use of color, quality of drawing, design & layout
- Poem Message – fun, motivational, inspiring about yearly theme
- Originality Creativity – unique, clever and/or creative design
- Neatness – free of spelling and grammatical errors