The Indiana Section of the American Chemical Society (ACS) is sponsoring an illustrated poem contest for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade (Four categories: K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12).
Contest Deadline: April 27, 2020
Prizes: 1st Place = $100, 2nd Place = $50, and 3rd Place = $25 in each age group.
Contact: Send official entries with entry form as a pdf file to email@example.com or mail to Brittany Rauzan at 9330 Zionsville Road Indianapolis, IN 46268. All entries must be received by midnight on April 27th.
Winners will advance to the National Illustrated Poem Contest for a chance to be featured on the ACS website and to win prizes!
Write and illustrate a poem using the CCEW theme, “Protecting Our Planet through Chemistry.”
Your poem must be no more than 40 words and in the following styles to be considered:
HAIKU – LIMERICK – ODE – ABC POEM – FREE VERSE – END RHYME – BLANK VERSE
Possible topics related to sustainable chemistry include:
- Green chemistry
- Clean air and water
- Natural resources
Entries will be judged based upon:
- Green chemistry Environment Pollution
- Clean air and water Natural resources Waste
- Artistic Merit – use of color, quality of drawing, design & layout
- Poem Message – fun, motivational, inspiring about yearly theme
- Originality Creativity – unique, clever and/or creative design
- Neatness – free of spelling and grammatical errors