Global Outreach Volunteer of the Year 2021
In addition to serving as Secretary of the Indiana Local Section of the ACS, Christine has successfully chaired the novel “COVID-19 Chemistry Kits for Kids” event, an Innovative Project Grant-funded initiative that distributed educational kits regarding COVID-19 to 200 underrepresented minority students. She also founded the Senior Chemists Mentorship Program, which facilitates mentoring relationships between senior chemists and younger scientists in the local section. Christine was also an important part of Celebrate Science Indiana, and her initiative in making things happen for the section has been remarkable. Her energy is contagious for all of the students that she is positively influencing.
The 2021 Outreach VOTY awards announcement was made this morning via the ACS website, C&EN, ACS social media, and email. Here are the links:
- ACS VOTY Website (with link to C&EN article) – www.acs.org/voty
- ACS Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AmericanChemicalSociety/photos/a.10151331551925708/10158781641720708/
- ACS LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/posts/american-chemical-society_outreach-volunteers-of-the-year-american-activity-6772183697987813376-M4TL
- ACS Twitter – https://twitter.com/AmerChemSociety/status/1366418114620125196?s=20
- ACS Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4c0zfqhkV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link